Islander MR2 Large Arbour Single Action Reel
$584.99 – $649.99
An evolved version of our original mooching reel, the Islander MR2-LA boasts a large arbor for rapid line pick up, a sculpted drag knob and a free spool lever for jiggers and riggers who like to get their line down quickly.
- Silky Smooth Cork Drag
Over the last couple decades, Islander's cork drags have probably caught more salmon than any other system off the coast of British Columbia And for good reason. The properties of our drag ensure that when even the biggest chinook goes for a run, you have enough stopping power to slow it down and enough smoothness to apply consistent fish fighting pressure.
- Large Arbor For Quick Retrieve
The MR2LA's spool features a large arbor which increases your retrieval rate so that when that silver torpedo makes a run at the boat you've got the pick up to stay on him. The design also eliminates the need for backing while still providing you with enough capacity for the longest of runs.
- Custom Laser Engraving
Perfect for retirement gifts, birthdays, anniversaries, corporate events or just a personalized look, this add on ensures your reel will stand out. Leave a note during checkout or give us a call and we'll provide you with more information.The laser engraving process permanently etches the anodized finish without fully penetrating the coating to ensure the finishs anti-corrosive properties are maintained. The process produces a white finish we cannot engrave in colour.
- Free Spool Lever Get your line to depth with the flick of a lever.
- Cork Drag The silky smooth drag that has made Islanders famous across the salmon fishing world
- Large Arbor Spool Design Provides quick line pick up and eliminates the need for backing
- Right Hand Retrieve The free spool feature necessitates a single-handed retrieve design
- Machined Out of Aerospace Grade Aluminum Every Islander reel starts as a solid puck of aluminum before CNC machines turn it into a finished product.
- Hand-Polished Mirror Finish We spare no detail in crafting the finest reels which is why each reel is buffed by hand to eliminate machine lines and other imperfections
- Two Year Warranty Against any failure due to defects in materials or workmanship (see warranty section for full details)
- Made in Canada Proudly designed, machined, built and tested on Vancouver Island